Are you ready for the re-opening of the housing market on 29 June? After the market was brought to an abrupt halt in mid-March, many of our clients have been in touch to let us know they’re looking to move house.
Push on with your plans
During the lockdown, the Scottish Government recommended that buyers and sellers should arrange to postpone their move date until the lockdown was eased. We managed to do this for most of our clients who were in the process of buying or selling when the lockdown struck. However, now that the housing market is re-opening, this guidance will no longer apply and our clients will be able to push on with their plans.
- When 29 June arrives, we’ll see the residential property market come back to life. You will then be able to:
- Visit an estate or letting agent, a builder’s sales office or a show home
- View a property you’re looking to buy or rent
- Prepare a property to move into
- Move house
- Visit a property to undertake any activity required for the sale of that property (surveyors and valuers will be able to visit to prepare the Home Report and property marketing particulars)
We know from speaking to our clients that many are very keen to get moving and we are already busy discussing their plans with them. In accordance with the Scottish Government guidelines, our office continues to be closed to the public. However, we continue to work remotely and are available to clients through the usual contact numbers and email addresses. If you are thinking about buying or selling, we recommend that you get in touch with us now so that we can help to guide you as the market recovers from lockdown.
Call us now at Clark Boyle Solicitors on 0141 227 2200 or or use the contact link below for further information or to arrange an appointment.Contact Us